Bino Runs 4 Bernie / Mile in My Shoes Fundraiser
Organized by: Michael Gibino
Thank You from day #3
June 27, 2016
EVENT DATE Jul 25, 2016
My name is Michael Gibino, a MN National Delegate for Bernie and I am running 1200 miles in 30 days from the Minnesota State Capitol Building to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
As an experienced ultrarunner and Bernie campaign "Super-Volunteer", I will run to Ignite the Bern through 6 states and the major cities of La Crosse, Madison, Chicago, Fort Wayne, Akron, Pittsburgh, and into Philadelphia.
I am also raising awareness of income inequality by raising money for the Twin Cities nonprofit Mile in My Shoes www.mileinmyshoes.mn. I currently volunteer with them as the coach, and directly see the positive impact the program has in empowering homeless members of our community through running and fitness.
My goal is to raise $3500 for the run and Convention and at least $4000 for Mile in My Shoes! I will split every contribution in half for the run and Mile in My Shoes. While it will surely cost more, once I have raised $3500 for the run and convention costs, 100% remaining funds raised will go directly to Mile in My Shoes. I will provide accounting documentation after the fundraising is finished to assure each contribution is going directly to the run or Non-profit.
Follow the run:
- Instagram: BinoRuns4Bernie
- Twitter: @BinoRuns4Bernie
Planned $3500 in expenses:
- $400 for the mandatory 5 night stay at the hotel for MN delegates ($350 a night / 4 people in a room to save costs) $100 in costs offset by a fundraiser.
- $1200 to compensate my friend taking time off of work too assist along the way
- $450 in gas and tolls for support vehicle both ways.
- $500in running shoes and special equipment/supplies for the trip.
- $500in extra food and specialized nutrition beyond my normal daily expenditure to get enough calories in.
- $150 in places to stay (campgrounds/cheap motel) when can't coordinate support housing or deviation from daily plan.
- $300 Promotional Material (Singlets, business cards, stickers)