BENEFITING: COMMUNITY CONNECTION INTERNATIONAL INC
EVENT DATE: Jul 15, 2015
Make a Dream Come True: Donate towards a flight so our Volunteer Dominican Literacy Coach can accept a scholarship in Valencia, Spain and connect to her potential.
Billceidy Anderson is currently the director of Community Connection International's literacy program in the Dominican Republic. She just became the first in her family to graduate from the college. Take a look at her new opportunity and consider how you can help.
Quick Facts about Billceidy:
- 26 years old
- Youngest of 8
- First in family to graduate from college
- 17 people in household
- Average income per person per month = ~$20
Billceidy’s Community Involvement:
- 2 years CCI Literacy Coach & Host to Volunteers
- 8 years in Dominican National Orchestra (Bass)
- Substitute English Teacher in Public Schools
- Active Leader in Church
- Church Secretary
- Dedicates 2 hours 5 days a week
- First Sunday of the month missions to underprivileged “batey” communities to do head washing, cloth repair, and preaching
- Youth Choir (mesosoprano-falseto)
- Child Bible Class Teacher Billceidy's
Hopes for her Scholarship Experience:
- To understand the importance of the first years of development especially on the central nervous system
- To apply knowledge of neuroscience to learning especially for children of Consuelo
- To volunteer with a local orchestra and make connections to musicians to share knowledge and experiences
How You Can Help:
- Financial donations for flight, in-country travel, and other expenses
- Billceidy asks for prayer for safety and success
- Care packages
- Visit her
- Connections to people or organizations in Valencia or surrounding area
CCI’s Goal of Support: $6,000
Those of us who have been fortunate to receive scholarships or who have studied abroad can tell you that finances are always difficult. All expenses paid usually means tuition, room and board. We would like to help Billceidy in exchange for the volunteer service she has provided to children. Help us pay for her flight which is estimated at $2,700.00 and give her some spending money for her year of study in Spain.
"My name is Billceidy Anderson. I started volunteering with Community Connection International (CCI) October 28th, 2013, with the help of Angela Bennett. What interested me in CCI is the literacy program for boys and girls that develops a love of reading. Another thing that interested me is that one of CCI’s values is positive mutual respect because I feel that this is one of my personal values. In 2014, after graduating from la Universidad Nacional Evangélica with a degree in Industrial Psychology, I applied for a scholarship to do a one year Master’s program in Valencia, Spain at the Universitat Politécnica de Valencia . The program is in Educational Neurosciences y Special Needs. I am drawn to this field of study because while working at CCI with kids with disorders and special needs, I discovered that with extra interventions, caring support, and God’s help, these students can succeed. With this Master’s degree I can continue to work with CCI to help our community. My scholarship includes all expenses except airfare. My parents are very happy with this achievement, but we do not have the resources to cover the flight; however, I am the type of person that is not held back by the circumstances of life, and I said, “I can do it.” Donate Now! Thank you!