BE MONSTROUS. END AIDS 2017
EVENT DATE: Aug 05, 2017
Be Monstrous. End AIDS. is an all out spinning fundraiser in support of GMHC, the world’s first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. If you haven’t gone to a spin class before, it is really enjoyable – like a dance club on a bicycle - and it doesn’t matter how athletic you are, it is an open level class so everyone is welcome. It is located at the new Monster Cycle Limelight Studio in the space that used to be the notorious Limelight club. Finish up the day with a cocktail and a award reception (prizes are awarded to the top team and individual fundraisers!). Come out and sweat for a great cause!
Order of Events:
- 1:30pm - Check-in begins
- 2:00pm - Welcome by GMHC CEO, Kelsey Louie
- 2:15pm - Start your engines... the first 45min ride begins
- 3:15pm - It's a vicious cycle... the second 45min ride begins
- 4:15pm - It's as easy as riding a bike... the third 45min ride begins
- 5:00pm - Enjoy a Monstrous-tini at the post-ride cocktail reception and award ceremony!
- 5:30pm - Afterparty at Boxers NYC around the corner!
Create a team of monsters: Rally three people to join you. Have fewer or more team members interested? No problem! Individuals can ride one, two or three classes, its up to you! There are three 45-minute classes that comprise this 3-hour event. Each rider is responsible for raising a minimum of $250.
To create a new team:
1) Click on the grey “set up your fundraiser” button
2) In the pop up window, click “start your own fundraiser”
3) Either create a CrowdRise profile or login to your CrowdRise account
4) Come up with a team name, set your fundraising goal, upload a team picture and you are all set!
To join a friends team:
5) Click on the profile of the friend whose team you would like to join
6) Click the orange link that says “Join the Team”
7) In the pop up window, either create a CrowdRise profile or login to your CrowdRise account
8) Set your fundraising goal, upload a picture and you are all set!
Don't forget to bring a water bottle! Cycling shoes will be provided at the venue! Any questions? Contact Ted Caine at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you on the bike!
Thank you to The Monster Cycle, Boxers NYC and Svedka for their support of this event. We couldn't do it without you!