Thank you - goal met!!
January 03, 2017
BENEFITING: GOALS Haiti
Dearest friends and family!
This is a quick note to ask you to please remember GOALS on Giving Tuesday! Giving Tuesday is one of the biggest charitable giving days of the year (an antidote to Black Friday) and I hope you'll keep GOALS in mind for your year-end donations for 3 big reasons:
1. GOALS helped children and families in Leogane weather Hurricane Matthew Our approach to long-term, sustainable development was tested by the hurricane in October. Since GOALS is permanently based in Haiti, we have strong community partnerships. This helped us provide immediate relief, share tools to help with the clean up, and form a partnership to build houses in our most remote site!!
2. Our literacy program is so good, we won our second international award Immediately after Hurricane Matthew, GOALS was awarded Beyond Sport's prize for a sport-for-education program. Literacy in Haiti is still only about 50%, and people who are literate are associated with better education, health, and earning rates.
3. We're investing in local communities
It was a big year - we built a community center with the Building Goodness Foundation that is hurricane and earthquake-resistant. The center was finished this spring and sheltered families during Hurricane Matthew. We also opened a bakery, which is creating new opportunities and generating revenue.
To sum it up, GOALS is small but mighty! We get a ton of work done, have an outsized direct impact, and we're in the process of growing our team to help us reach more children and families in Haiti.
If you want to help, we would appreciate your help with any of the following:
- Donations! Any and all donations make a BIG difference. If you prefer to mail a check, please send your donation to: 1201 Tree Bay Lane / Sarasota, FL 34242 and write "Believe" in the memo line.
- Spread the word! Many of you have already shown incredibly generous support to GOALS in recent months - thank you for your donations this year. If you can please continue your support by sharing this with just ONE person, spreading the word goes a long way and allows GOALS to invest in its programs, rather than advertising.
Thank you SO MUCH!!