Ultra Nate wrote -
For my holiday giving campaign, my goal is to use my music and my influence to raise money for the youth of the Kawangware Vision Centre in Nairobi, Kenya that NextAid is supporting!
Why? because! It's so necessary!
- 9 million youth in Kenya are unemployed.
- 41% of Kenya’s population lives in cities. Many children are sent to urban centers to find work to support families in rural areas. Here they are vulnerable to exploitation, abuse, and life on the streets.
- One in two Kenyans lives below the poverty line.
- Only 24% of Kenyan children attend secondary school. School fees and costs are usually the primary barrier to sending a child to further education.
- There are an estimated 250,000 to 300,000 children living and working on the streets in Kenya.
NextAid is doing something about this!
NextAid is working closely with a grassroots Kenyan organization, KVC, that has spent the last 10 years transforming its slum community and empowering kids to get off the streets. With YOUR support, KVC will own their own land and launch into a whole new phase of sustainability. Right now, they are building a new facility on this land that will serve the kids and youth of Kawangware for generations to come.
The youths are being trained in ecological construction and are building the workshop and community center themselves. With these new skills in eco-construction, they are starting a new business of making and selling earth bricks and roof tiles. The builders include young mothers too, which makes this project especially inspiring and needed.
They need another $15,000 to finish the construction phase of the project, pay for the land, and move onto the business development phase. This should be done in a heartbeat. I know the economy is tough here in the US right now and there is a lot of need, but its all relative.
Join me today and PLEASE spread the word!
Everyone who donates, will get a free music download.