FROM: Miki, Eleazar & Ryan, please help and thank you for helping us help LMRK in the fight for clean water.
CLEAN WATER CHANGES LIVES
In honor of Earth Day, Aveda has set aside a whole month to love, celebrate and raise funds to protect the earth and its peoples. They have raised more than $26 million since 1999. Over the last 6 years $20 million of the funds supported clean water projects at home and around the world.
The MISSISSIPPI RIVER is the industrial superhighway of Louisiana. Facilities in Louisiana have an extensive impact from permitted discharges as well as an unfortunate history of accidents, spills, and vulnerability to weather events. As Louisiana faces continued industrial growth and increasingly severe weather impacts from climate change and sea level rise, the environment and the communities who inhabit this environment face severe consequences to their health, safety and sustainability.
Lower Mississippi Riverkeeper (LMRK) has been working for 10 years to protect and improve the Mighty Mississippi River.
How do we do it?
- Water, Aerial, ground and satellite patrols
- monitoring and documenting pollution
- assessing, analysis and quantifying impacts
- negotiating with responsible parties and, if necessary, enforcing compliance
- educating the public
- promoting community involvement, environmental education and outdoor recreation