R E S T O R A T I O N T H R O U G H C R E A T I O N
Who We Are
AVODAH Farms provides space for women, families, and young people to find restoration through the creative act of farming, compassionate and supportive housing, with the integration of teaching and prayer.
• Work, worship, service
• Serving God with joy
What We Do
The Farm will serve as a unifying space for everyone involved with AVODAH Farms. It will engage the individuals and families in manual labour while providing the health benefits of eating farm-fresh food and creating a sustainable living model. Primarily, it will allow a healthy and stable place for the trafficked young women and young adults to find hourly pay as well as creative marketing and sales experience with several partners, including local restaurants, farmers markets, essential oil and soap companies, among many other potential endeavors.
AVODAH Maternity Home
The Stella Maris House will restore isolated women and their newborns to a life of health, purpose, and sustainability by providing key health services, 24/7 care, and introducing them to a dignified career path.
• 2 million children are exploited by the sex trade
• over 300,000 children in the united states
• 1 out of 3 girls have been sexually abused
• 80% of girls that are living homeless are engaged by a predator within 48 hours
• the average girl in the sex trade is sold between 7-24 times a day
AVODAH Farms have partnered with the Guiding Star Project, a nationwide family of care centers that empower women to understand, embrace and love their natural bodies. This partnership will ensure that the Stella Maris House is equipped to succeed. The Stella Maris House deliberately overlooks the main orchard, the chicken farm and
the vegetable field. Close access to these areas that provide restorative work ensures a comforting environment.
The Oratory meets the needs of those seeking community, providing space for fellowship, prayer, worship, service and work. Within the Oratory, there will be two types of dedicated spaces:
1. Meeting space for groups This space will offer area for men’s and women’s groups, Bible studies, fundraisers, counseling, events and parties.
2. Makers space/trades training This space will allow young people to discover a trade in concrete, wood-working and farming. Additionally, there will be spaces for artists and musicians to meet and create in.
Our Patron Saints
Our patron saints are heroes and role models for us at Avodah Farms. Their lives demonstrate love, compassion and holiness which we aspire to share with all who visit, support or work at Avodah Farms. Each patron is uniquely synonymous with the groups of people we serve.
ST. MARY MAGDELANE
Patron of women
Patron of apprentices and juveniles
ST. JOSEPHINE BAKHITA
Patron of trafficking victims
ST. PHILIP NERI
Patron of joy and of the oratory.