BENEFITING: East Bay Agency for Children
EVENT DATE: May 09, 2015
East Bay Agency for Children's Circle of Care is a unique program that supports children and their families coping with a life threatening illness or the death of a loved one. This program helps children heal and learn to cope with this traumatic experience through specialized Support Groups, Individual and Family Counseling, Crisis Support, Community Trainings and Outreach.
Join the Walk to Remember to celebrate the life of someone YOU have loved and lost or to show support for a family you know who is dealing with a life-threatening illness.
Money raised through your Walk to Remember fundraising efforts support Circle of Care services ensuring that no child will have to walk their grief journey ALONE.
Venue: Lake Merritt - Oakland, CA (Near the Bandstand and Fairyland @ 699 Bellevue Avenue)
How to Participate:
1. Click Register or Donate (at the top right of this page).
2. If you are donating, you can donate to a specific particpant or team. You can donate online or mail a check to Walk to Remember, c/o EBAC, 303 Van Buren Ave, Oakland, CA 94610. Thank you very much!
3. If you are registering, you can register as an individual walker or create a team and ask your friends and family to join you.
4. Walkers then simply set up your personal fundraising page, including photos and a few words about why you are "Walking to Remember". You will also create a custom URL (link) to your fundraising page. Be the first to make a donation to Circle of Care from your fundraising page.
5. (This is the most important step!) Copy and paste the link to your personal fundraising page into an email and send that email to everyone you know inviting others to make a donation to Circle of Care in support of your participation in the Walk to Remember. Share your link on your Facebook page, too!
Don't be shy about this last step. You'll be surprised how many people you know who will be happy you gave them the opportunity to contribute in honor of someone they have also loved and lost. So send your donation invitation wide and far to give others the chance to feel good, too.
For more information about Circle of Care, visit http://www.ebac.org/programs/circle/index.asp