We're Half Way there!!
September 27, 2017
Diabetes is growing at an alarming rate. Nearly 29 million children and adults are living with diabetes in the United States, while another 79 million Americans have prediabetes and are at risk for developing the disease. The American Diabetes Association is leading the fight against diabetes and its deadly consequences.
To fulfill this mission, the American Diabetes Association:
- funds and advocates for scientific research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes
- publishes scientific findings
- fights for the rights of people with diabetes
- provides information and services to people with diabetes, their families, health professionals and the public
The Association acts on its mission through a number of critical programs and activities that are directed to a broad range of constituents encompassing consumers, research scientists, health care professionals, corporations and communities.
When you donate:
- You spread awareness of the devastating effects of diabetes.
- You advocate for a child discriminated against in school because of diabetes.
- You fund life-saving research.
- You provide access to community programs and free resources that help those living with diabetes to live well.