Imagine a day without your glasses.
VisionSpring brings affordable vision care and eyeglasses to people who normally wouldn’t be able to afford them.
For every $5 donated VisionSpring provides someone in the developing world with access to glasses.
Over 703 million people globally don’t have access to the eyeglasses they need to learn, work and be safe. The majority are in developing countries.
SEE TO LEARN
"I had trouble seeing the blackboard before VisionSpring came to my school. Now with my new glasses, my grades have improved." - Mamta, age 10
In a recent study, giving students access to eyeglasses has nearly the same positive impact on the students’ test scores as putting them through another year of school.
SEE TO WORK
"I support my five children with the money I make embroidering scarves. But the fabric wasn’t clear anymore so I was producing and earning less. I thought it was just part of getting old but now I have reading glasses and can see the fabric clearly." - Kanta, age 41
It’s a fact of life - many people over the age of 40 need reading glasses to read, sew and see their cell phones. VisionSpring sells affordable reading
glasses so people can continue to work.
SEE FOR SAFETY
"I landed a job in the factory in my town but I couldn't see very well. My boss noticed and said it was dangerous if I couldn't see and that he was going to have to fire me. Just in time VisionSpring came to our factory to conduct eye exams and sell eyeglasses that I could afford." - Manuel, age 18
Poor vision causes accidents on the road, in the home and at work. VisionSpring collaborates with factories and farms to conduct vision screenings of workers in order to reduce workplace accidents caused by poor vision.
- Since 2001, we’ve distributed nearly 2 million pairs of eyeglasses and conducted vision screenings for more than 5 million people.
- In 2014, we will distribute 500,000 pairs of affordable eyeglasses to people living in poverty.
- A recent survey of our customers showed that most of our customers make less than $2.50 per day and that 60% of our customers said the glasses they purchased from VisionSpring were their first pair.
- In Bangladesh, 20,000 community health workers have been trained to sell reading glasses, providing an important service to their communities while earning income to support their families.
- We create $23 of economic impact for every $1 donated.
HELP US REACH 2 MILLION!
We are very close to reaching our 2 millionth pair distributed since we began in 2001.
Here are examples of how your support will help us reach our target:
- $25 will help five people in India continue to work after the age of 40 because they will be able to see better with reading glasses.
- $50 will help train 10 community health workers in Bangladesh to sell reading glasses in their communities where vision care is very limited.
- $250 will help VisionSpring bring an outreach campaign to a rural school in El Salvador.
- $500 will help us bring vision screening and eyeglasses to factory workers in India.
- $5,000 will help us purchase equipment needed to conduct vision screenings.
THANK YOU for your support!