Please join SAC Capital Advisors, L.P. in support of the 8 SAC team members who are running the 2012 ING NYC Marathon on November 4th.
SAC Team Members
For the past 5 years, more than 650 Robin Hood runners have crossed the finish line of the ING New York City Marathon. Along the way, these runners have raised nearly $4 million for Robin Hood, helping to feed, shelter and heal our neighbors in need, as well as equipping them with educational and employment opportunities to improve their lives.
This year, SAC will join approximately 90 other runners as part of Team Robin Hood. In addition to a donation made by SAC Capital Advisors, L.P., each SAC runner has personally committed to raising $2,500; 100% of which will go to help New Yorkers in need build better lives for themselves and their families.
On race day, November 4, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends at our famous Mile-20 block party (just off the 6-train). Cheer your favorite runners on their final leg of the race while rocking out to DJ Bonnie! This big bash also includes a Jumbotron featuring all 45,000+ runners in their glory as they turn off the Willis Avenue Bridge, bleacher seating, Robin Hood t-shirts and cheer-stix.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.