EVENT DATE: Apr 30, 2017
The course for the Big Sur International Marathon is NOT affected by any current slides or closures. The marathon, scheduled for Sunday, April 30, runs north of the damaged areas.
For the 6th year in a row, the Lazarex Cancer Foundation (LCF) is an official charity of the Big Sur International Marathon! Guarantee your entry with LCF and come April you will experience one of the most breathtaking courses in the world!
Register & Fundraise:
- Marathon: $120 reg. fee & $1,550 fundraising min. by 4/15/17
- 3-Person Relay: $360 reg. fee & $1,000 fundraising min. per person by 4/15/17 ($360.00 will count towards the Team Captain's fundraising min.)
Race With Us & Get:
- Guaranteed race entry
- Pre-race Team pasta inspiration dinner
- Event day tech-running top
- Personal fundraising web-page
- Professional fundraising support
- Finish Tent in the Marathon Finishers' Village with drinks and snacks
- Swag Incentives (watch your email for these)
* Charity runners still receive all Big Sur Int’l Marathon registrant amenities.
How Do We Use the Funds You Raise?
Lazarex Cancer Foundation is literally the last line of defense for patients with advanced-stage cancer. Many patients cannot pursue clinical trial treatments because of the financial costs to get to the trial site and the strain of being away from their family’s support. These are treatments that could potentially extend or save a patient’s life and lead to cures for many others.
LCF matches cancer patients with the right medical studies anywhere in the United States and helps pay for the cost of their participation including airfare, hotel and diagnostics and a travel companion. LCF is the only 501(c)(3) public charity offering these services to patients nationwide, of all ages and walk of life, with all types of cancer.
In 2016, LCF provided financial support to 649 advanced stage cancer patients!
As of December 2015, LCF patients have cumulatively lived an additional 507 years through their participation in clinical trials AFTER they were told that there were no other options.
Learn more about LCF at www.lazarex.org.
To put it simply, you're giving Lazarex patients the chance to LIVE!