4th Annual Spin for Kids!
EVENT DATE: Nov 09, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Nov 18, 2016
United Way Emerging Leaders Society (ELS) invites you to our 4th Annual Spin for Kids!
Spin for Kids is a fun, high-energy spin class for a cause!
Where: The beautiful Wilson-Gray YMCA Youth and Family Center, 444 Albany Avenue, Hartford, CT
How it works: Spinners register in teams of four and raise funds to ensure local children and youth succeed by supporting after-school programming and summer learning opportunities. Last year, 3,300 youth in after-school programs improved their academic performance through programs and services supported by United Way Community Investment.
In 2015 we raised $10,000 - this year, we want to do even more. Our goal is to raise $11,000 to help change our community and we need YOUR help!
Teams will ride for 50 minutes during one of four sessions:
● 10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. - FULL
● 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. - FULL
● 12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
● 1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.
Riding times will be confirmed with teams one week in advance and are determined on a first-come first-served basis.
Each team must raise a minimum of $400 ($100 per person)
Asking 10 people for $10 or 5 people for $20 is all it takes!
There are three ways you can help support us:
- Sign up and "spin" for kids! Grab 3 friends and set up your fundraising page. Sign up for one of our four 50 minute spin sessions (there are 20 bikes per session, so get your preferred times in as soon as possible). Riding solo? Friends busy? No problem! Let us know and we will match you up with an existing team. Contact Rebekah at email@example.com.
- Donate to Team Live United or a paticipating Spin for Kids team or teammate. You can help us reach our goal without spinning - Donate or sign up to volunteer and help with the event! Click here to sign up to volunteer.
- Spread the word! Encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to sign up or donate - share our event on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
● Certified spinning instructors, healthy snacks, awesome people!
● Drawing Prizes consist of gift certificates to local businesses including The Bushnell, Muse Paintbar, Hooker Brewery, and more!
● Crafts! Create a reading prop to include with a new book that will be given to children to encourage reading.
Contests and Prizes:
● Top individual fundraiser - $50 Amazon Gift Card
● Top fundraising team - $25 Amazon Gift Cards to team members
● Team with the best costume - $10 Gift Cards to the team with the best costume (winning team will be determined post-event by highest number of likes on Facebook)
Our Mission: Connect Leaders. Cultivate Relationships. Change our Community. ELS is a group of local young professionals who are passionate about providing children with opportunities to be successful. We find ways to raise money and have fun at the same time - like Spin for Kids! To learn more about us, visit our website.