BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
Hello! My name is Bianca and I'm a runner.
It has been nearly 6 years since I've run through my cherished NYC, which was my first ever marathon. I went in, unaware of how the entire experience would change me. I cultivated a passion for running, encouraging others to run as well. I saw the city as a home away from home, the people grew close to my heart. That marathon was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I I thought it was about time I revisited.
Please consider joining me to fight poverty by making a donation to one of my most favorite charities: Robin Hood. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
- $1,500 provides a year of counseling for the family of a child enrolled in pre-school.
- $3,000 provides six months of psychiatric treatment for a homeless person.
For the past 7 years, more than 750 Robin Hood runners have crossed the finish line of the TCS New York City Marathon. Along the way, these runners have raised nearly $5 million for Robin Hood, helping to feed, shelter and heal our neighbors in need, as well as equipping them with educational and employment opportunities to improve their lives.
This year 100 runners will participate in the marathon as part of Team Robin Hood. Together they will train and raise funds, 100% of which will go to help New Yorkers in need build better lives for themselves and their families.