EVENT DATE: Aug 28, 2016
Save the date and plan to join us for our seventh annual “COLORADO PH IN THE PARK” event to support Pulmonary Hypertension research and education. A 5K and 1-Mile Run/ Walk, a Post-Event Expo, Kids Area, Silent Auction, and an Educational Session will make this an exciting day you will not want to miss!
ONLINE REGISTRATION ($40) has been extended. It CLOSES Friday, August 26th at 11:59pm MDT. REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER IN-PERSON AT THE CITY PARK PAVILION THE MORNING OF THE EVENT ($40).
- To check if you have registered, search your email inbox for a message entitled “Registration Confirmation for PH in the Park” from firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVENT DAY REMINDERS/INFORMATION:
- Attire: Weather forecasts for Sunday anticipate a high of 88F and low of 57F.
- Arrivals: Plan to arrive at City Park at 8:00am (8:30am at the latest) so you have plenty of time to park, register, enjoy the vendor booths, get a sneak peek at silent auction items, munch on some snacks (bananas, water and Noosa yogurts will be provided), and hydrate prior to walking or running.
- Parking: PH patients can park directly by the Pavilion. Check out this map: http://freepdfhosting.com/91c9321893.pdf.There are up to 80 spaces for patients. All other participants can park at or near the City Park zoo or museum (22nd and Colorado). Volunteers will be posted at streets around the park holding signs to help direct traffic. Golf carts will be available to take you from the parking areas at the museum and zoo to the registration tables.
- Registration: There will be signs posted to direct you to the registration area. EVERYONE (even if you registered online) must check-in at the registration tables to get your bib, t-shirt and timing chip (timing chips are only for those who are participating in the 5K). Message for PH Patients: Medals are given out at the end of the event to winners in different classes and categories. There are categories for running/walking/scooting (however you cross the finish line) and PATIENTS, too! When you check in at registration, please make sure you get a purple race number (specific for patients).
- Timed 5K: Will start promptly at 9:00am. 3 water/oxygen/first aid stations are set-up around the race course.
- 1 mile walk: Will start at 9:05am. 1 water/oxygen/first aid station is set-up around the course; benches to sit and take a break are around the lake as well.
- For those who are not participating in the run/walk, the kids’ area and the silent auction will be up and running throughout the entire event for your enjoyment. Kolo the clown and friends will be there as well as a bluegrass band playing some wonderful tunes.
- PH Educational session: Will begin following the timed 5k, at approximately 11:00am. Hang out after the race to learn more about PH.
- Race results: If you utilized a timing chip, here is the link for where results of the timed 5k will be posted during and post-event online: http://www.hallucinationsports.com/event/show/281183391#/results::1472060767740. This link is mobile responsive and will work on cell phones.
- Facebook page: Check it out for great pics and updates after the event: https://www.facebook.com/phintheparkColorado
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
· 8:00 – 8:45am: Race Check-in (at City Park Pavilion near 17th and Steele)
· 8:55am: Singing of the National Anthem
· 9:00am: 5K timed race begins
· 9:05am: 1 mile walk begins
· 8:30 – 10:30am: Silent Auction is open
· 8:30 – 10:30am: Kids’ Area is open
· 10:30am: Awards Ceremony
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: PH Educational Session
- Recognition of the Organizers
- Recognition of Volunteers and Donors
- Remarks from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA)
- Diagnosis and Classification of PH
- Current Treatment Options for the Adult with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
- Special Populations (HHT, Schistosomiasis)
- High Altitude and Pulmonary Hypertension
- Closing Remarks
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA), The University of Colorado Denver, and Children’s Hospital Colorado will be hosting this event on Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. at City Park in Denver.
We are holding this event to increase awareness about pulmonary hypertension (PH) and to raise funds for research and education. We need your help to make this “Run for PHun” another successful event!
This event continues a unique collaboration between adult and pediatric centers. The University of Colorado Denver and Children’s Hospital Colorado are national and world leaders in PH research and patient care. As you may be aware, the University of Colorado at Denver and Children’s Hospital Colorado are located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, where over 1 million square feet of adult and pediatric research space has been completed, creating one of the largest healthcare research complexes in the world.
NOTE: “If you are unable to attend the event to pick up your t-shirt, you can have a friend or family member who is attending the event pick-up your t-shirt for you.
Pulmonary hypertension is a rare, under-diagnosed, and often misdiagnosed disease. The disease causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. This makes it harder for the blood to flow through the lungs to pick up oxygen. This causes potentially life-threatening consequences such as right heart failure. When diagnosed in time, treatments can be administered that improve quality of life and may prolong it. At this time there is no cure; but we believe through research we will find the cure for PH.
We appreciate your willingness to help us raise money and awareness to fight this disease. On behalf of PH patients, family members, caregivers and friends, we thank you for your participation and support in this annual event.
General inquiries (please allow 3 business days for a reply): email@example.com. For more specific inquiries, please contact Debra Zupancic at 720-848-6534 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Robin Hohsfield at 720-848-6535 (email@example.com).