Rachel Engler via Crowdrise
September 19, 2015
BENEFITING: FINAL SALUTE
My Goal is $5000...read on to see why :)
On any given day there are over 55,000 homeless women veterans in the United States. Our country's current state of homelessness is appalling especially when many of these people have given up so much for our country to begin with. The idea of "Never Leave A Fallen Comrade" behind shouldn't be just for them but for us in their time of need.
Many programs for homeless women do not house children. These funds can assist Final Salute, Inc as they strive to provide awareness means for the general public about this issue, and assist homeless women veterans and their children to be able to get a leg up again in the world.
This program is perfectly suited for those women veterans who are trying all they can to support their family while being productive citizens and getting back on their feet. Did you know it costs $5000 per month for a transitional housing facility? It is simply $25 daily to support one person for their essentials, I think that warrants giving up a week of Starbucks ;)
Since they have begun their mission Final Salute, Inc has:
- Provided over 8,000 transitional housing days
- Opened 3 transitional homes for woman Veterans and their children
- Provided professional clothing, shoes, head-shots, and make-overs to 100 woman Veterans and transitioning military women through our Stand-Up Events
- Provided transitional housing for 19 women Veterans and 20 children via our
- H.O.M.E program, prevented homelessness and provided emergency financial assistance for 87 women Veterans and 137 children via our S.A.F.E Program
Any amount you can given will be appreciated and if you can't please add them to your thoughts and prayers for a future.