Saturday We DANCE
May 15, 2017
LRS loves a dance party.
Sponsor Scott and Mason as they dance to fundraise for our newest work. Every $50 donation keeps one of them dancing for an hour-- help us keep them there for six hours!
If you'd like to get in on the action, sign up to join our team, then head down to the BlueCross RiverRink at 5pm. Wear yellow (like a lightning bolt) or your Lightning Rod Special teeshirt. Don't have a shirt? We'll have them for sale!
Here are more details from FringeArts:
Blue Cross RiverRink at Penn’s Landing
FringeA-Thon is an epic outdoor, 12-hour dance-party-marathon supporting FringeArts as well as the cultural community in Philadelphia. FringeArts presents world-class, contemporary performing arts that challenge convention and inspire new ways of thinking.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT FRINGEA-THON
John Jarboe, artistic director of The Bearded Ladies Cabaret, host and curator of Get Pegged Cabaret, and general spectacle-maker will be the MC for the evening, coaching dancers through the entire 12 hours.
Melanie Cotton, local choreographer and dancer will be leading the step-by-step, communal group dance finale.
These DJs will whip the crowd into a sonic frenzy:
- DJ Cosmo Baker, a Philadelphia native and one of New York’s most exciting party-rocking DJs. He is a master of hip-hop, disco & funk, and electronic dance music, which he mixes and matches in his unique style.
- DJ lil’dave, a Philadelphia-based audio tastemaker with a propensity for funky grooves, broken boogie, and thumping bass.
- DJ Dame Luz, the Philadelphia-based DJ, remixer, producer, and promoter behind the legendary Holy Trinity parties and CutNPaste parties.
- DJ Rahsaan, a global-minded DJ and selector specializing in Boogaloo, Cuban rumba, Salsa Dura, Latin Disco, and more.
- DJ Rich Medina, an elite DJ who has joined the handful of DJs at the top of their field, and takes audiences on a sonic journey through hip-hop, house, soul, afrobeat, funk, breaks, and dance classics.
- DJ Royale, whose Philly roots have undeniably shaped his sound and has been described as 'timeless & technical' and has been known for hosting original parties with an 'everybody's welcome' ethos.
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT THE ARTS COMMUNITY?
FringeA-thon offers a unique opportunity for local arts organizations, individual artists and other non-profits to become beneficiary partners. By participating in FringeA-Thon, beneficiary partners will dance to raise funds for FringeArts as well as their own organization or special projects.
Participating in FringeA-Thon as a beneficiary partner allows non-profit organizations and individual artists to spotlight special initiatives or projects using FringeA-Thon as a fundraising vehicle. FringeA-Thon will provide an online fundraising platform and a great 12-hour event to market your project or organization.
Beneficiary partners will create a team and recruit dancers to fundraise for their cause. All partners will receive a 75% split of all proceeds raised by their team (including the $25 registration fee). It’s a low impact way to raise additional funds while supporting the cultural sector of the city.
Interested in becoming a beneficiary partner? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FringeArts is Philadelphia’s home for contemporary performance, presenting progressive, world-class art that stretches the imagination and boldly defies expectation. As the city’s lead experimenter in the arts, FringeArts exposes audiences to unpredictable dance, theater and music performances by accomplished and emerging innovators who are pushing the boundaries of art-making and redefining the artistic landscape worldwide.