Shannon Rosa wrote -
Leo just got an iPad 2. Since he won his original iPad -- you know, the one featured in Apple's iPad: Year One video on the left -- with a raffle ticket, we decided to raffle that iPad off to a new owner. The winner will also receive the following free apps, courtesy of their developers:
- Dr. Seuss's ABC by Oceanhouse Media
- Bob Books by Learning Touch
- TouchTrainer by Orderd.com
- Turn Taker by Orderd.com
- Quibble Kids by Chess Pie Media
- Swapsies by Spinlight Studio
- TallyTots by Spinlight Studios
- Speech With Milo: Prepositions by Doonan Speech Therapy
- Speech With Milo: Sequencing by Doonan Speech Therapy
- All About Me by I Get It! LLC
We're asking $10 for each virtual raffle ticket, but if you can, please donate more! All donations will go directly to the Autism Science Foundation, as a thank you for Leo's mom Shannon's IMFAR travel grant.
Please use a recognizable name to donate; we are grateful for anonymous contributions but those entries are ineligible for the raffle.
Raffle ends at noon PST on Friday, April 29th, the winner will be announced at 1 PM PST, and will be selected using Random.org.
- Entrants are bound by the rules laid out on this page.
- iPad will arrive as is: one used 16 GB iPad 1 with case and charger, no warranty or Apple Care. We are not responsible for damage en route or technical problems upon receipt.
- The iPad will be restored to its original factory settings. The new owner must set up a an iTunes account, and install any apps.
- Entrants must be both (1) a legal resident of the United States and (2) at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Entrants are responsible for any federal, state, county or other local income taxes.
- Entrants agree to waive, discharge, release and hold harmless Shannon Des Roches Rosa from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with this raffle.
- We cannot accept entries before or after the eligibility period. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- Winners are responsible for confirming notification and providing a valid U.S. mailing address within 72 hours. If winners do not contact us within the 72 hour time frame, we will select an alternate winner. We are not responsible for winners' lost or misdirected emails, tweets, or Facebook messages.
- Photo of Leo and his iPad (c) 2010 Kelly Nicolaisen