Lawyers Feeding Illinois
EVENT DATE: Feb 18, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Mar 01, 2013
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Mar 01, 2013
More than 1.9 million people in Illinois are facing hunger. It’s true – and it’s unacceptable. Our state's lawyers are stepping up to the challenge.
Thanks to the leadership of Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) President John E. Thies and Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, the legal community is mobilizing to raise a million meals to help our state's hungry families.
Your support goes a long way. Because of the incredible efficiency of the Feeding Illinois food bank network,
every $1 we raise will provide 5 meals.
And because of a generous gift from our partner Attorneys' Title Guaranty Fund (ATG), 100% of all processing fees for online donations up to $200,000 are covered! So even more of your gift gets passed on to help your food bank serve hungry families.
Learn more about the food bank serving your area here.
Anyone may donate at any time to help us reach our ambitious goal. Spread the word far and wide!
How it works: Lawyers Feeding Illinois Begins February 18th, 2013 and ends March 1st, 2013. Teams of lawyers, firms, law schools, and other legal organizations will compete for points by collecting monetary and food donations during the campaign. At the end of the campaign, winners will be declared in several award categories.
Here how points will be awarded: (Learn more about why we award points this way.)
- 1 point is given for every pound of food collected.
- 5 points are given for every dollar raised.
- 100 points are given if an organization registers by December 17.
- 100 points are given as a onetime bonus if your organization delivers your collected food to yourdesignated drop-off location.
How to get involved: Click REGISTER to sign up for the event. Or, just donate! If you aren't starting a team and wish to make a contribution, click DONATE. You will have the option of designating your gift to a participating team. Check to see if your team has already been registered. If it has, join it! If not, create a new team. When you're finished with the registration process, you'll receive a confirmation email containing the following:
- A link to your unique fundraising page. You can share this link with anyone you like to support your local food bank.
- A link to your Team Toolkit, which includes marketing materials, contact information, comprehensive instructions for collecting and reporting food and fund donations, and other important materials.
Check back here occassionally for an update on our progress toward our goal and to see who else has signed up. In the meantime, recruit your colleagues to join in the fun!