LAVAMAN OHANA GIVES BACK CHALLENGE
EVENT DATE: Mar 25, 2018
The 2018 Waikaloa Lavaman Triathlon is scheduled for March 25th at the beautiful Waikaloa Beach Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii. Founded in 1998 the Lavaman Ohana (Hawaiian for Family) has given back generously to the community that has supported this popular Olympic Distance Event.
Now in it’s 21st year Lavaman has launched the “Lavaman Ohana Gives Back Challenge” to encourage individuals, businesses, competitors, volunteers and fans to fundraise for three non-profits that support events, youth and athletes with special challenges.
This year’s recipients will be:
1. CAF (Challenged Athlete Foundation) which raises funds for Physically Challenged Athletes so that they may pursue their athletic goals:
2. LavaKids/PATH which supports programs that provide opportunities, clinics, events & equipment to enable & encourage our youth to pursue healthy and active life styles.
3. The Greg Cameron Foundation which raises money for firemen who are in need of financial aid due to injury or serious illness.
Please join us in our efforts by registering here to help raise funds for these three special groups. To support the Challenge Lavaman will be awarding recognition and prizes for the following categories:
1. Most Raised by an Individual
2. Most Raised by a “Team” – Create your team name so that we may track it.
3. Most Raised by a specific Business
4. Most Raised by a business category or industry
In addition we will also be honoring: The top fundraisers from Team in Training (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) through their separate efforts. MAHALO!