Block Out Cancer 2011
EVENT DATE: Oct 26, 2011
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Oct 26, 2011
One out of every two men & one out of every three women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. At this time, there is no cure, but you can get involved and make a difference!
On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 from 11AM - 4PM, the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. facility in Skillman, NJ will be hosting a cancer awareness and prevention event for our employees called Block Out Cancer 2011. The event (sponsored by the Global Skincare Organization) is being held in honor of our colleague Danielle Darby, a tireless advocate for cancer education who succumbed to breast cancer in 2009 at the age of 32.
Our event will include:
A Ring Road Relay Walk (11AM-1PM) -
- Form a team of 3 and each walk a lap around Ring Road. Walkers donating $25 or more PLUS a Matching Gift Form will receive a limited edition t-shirt and have a whole lot of fun!
A Celebrity Speaker (2PM-3PM) South Atrium -
- Come hear a humorous & motivational, yet touching, presentation from guest speaker, Judy Carter! All employees who attend will have a chance to win a gift basket filled with prizes!
Informative Vendor Fair (11AM-4PM) South Atrium -
- Come visit information tables and displays designed to educate our employees about various types of cancer and the steps that can be taken to help ensure prevention, early detection, early intervention and support.
Raffle (11:30AM - 1PM on various days leading up to the event) North/South/Orchard Rd. Cafes -
- Winners will be drawn on Thursday, October 27th, so come with a few extra dollars for your chance to win: an iPad 4, 4 tickets to the Flyers vs. Devils game in March, a Special Edition Keurig machine with assorted K Cups, and more!
- 1 ticket = $5, 3 tickets = $10, 8 tickets = $20, 11 tickets = $25
Other Fundraisers (11:30AM - 1PM on various days leading up to the event) North/South/Orchard Rd Cafes -
- Sun & Moon Cards: Purchase one for $1 to show your support. Card will be hung in the South Atrium.
- Luminaries: Decorate a luminary for $5 each (including battery operated candle) to decorate the South Atrium during the event. Luminaries can be taken home by the purchaser afterwards!