EVENT DATE: Nov 07, 2015
THANK YOU! We are so grateful for your support. Because of you, the 11th Annual Hike for the Homeless was the best Hike yet! Please check back for the final fundraising number (around $110K!). Upon request, we are leaving the donation site open for those who wanted to donate to their team (or in general).
SEE YOU SATURDAY! In case you missed the email with all the event details... click here to view all the info. Please add in some extra travel time (about 30 min) for traffic at the park. And consider using Sneed Road to Vaughn Road (avoiding Old Hickory Blvd & Hwy 100). If you are using a GPS, please use 50 Vaughn Road as the address, then follow the signs and banners to the event area. Onsite check in opens at 9 a.m. with the Hike kicking off at 10 a.m.
Grab Your Gear and Come Hike for the Homeless! Safe Haven Family Shelter is gearing up for our 11th Annual Hike for the Homeless, a Nashville favorite for its heavy dose of outdoor time, friends, family, food and fun. Since this is our 11th ANNUAL HIKE, we are working to make it the best ever. Our goal? $100,000!
The event includes hiking on two paved trails, food, live music and children's activities. The event is pet and stroller friendly! The hike will take place at Edwin Warner Park picnic shelters 9 and 11 on Saturday, November 7, 2015. Registration begins at 9 a.m., with hikers hitting the trail at 10 am. Participants are encouraged to create teams, with a fundraising goal of $1,000 per team. Everyone who donates $25 or more will receive one Hike for the Homeless t-shirt. For more information about this year’s hike, please visit www.safehaven.org/events/hike or contact Stacy Nunnally at email@example.com
How to START A TEAM:
- To start a team, click the "Set Up Fundraiser" button above. (There is an arrow pointing to it. In the pop up screen, click the "Start Your Own Fundraiser" button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Your team name should go in the "Fundraiser Title" field. You will get a unique team url to share with others.
- Don't forget to get your team started with your own donation. And then share your team page with everyone you know to ask them to join and/or donate! [NOTE: Be sure to click "optional process fee" link before making your donation so you can opt not to pay that.]
How to JOIN A TEAM:
- If you have the team url, you can use it to get directly to the team page. If not, click on the "Set Up Fundraiser" button above. (There is an arrow pointing to it.) In the pop up screen, click the "Join a Team" button.
- Enter the team name of the name of the team captain and press search. Select the team. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up. Make your donation, and don't forget to share with others so they can donate/join too. [NOTE: Be sure to click "optional process fee" link before making your donation so you can opt not to pay that.]
How to MAKE A GENERAL DONATION:
- Click the orange "Donate to a Fundraiser" button above. In the pop up screen, select a team to which to give your donation or choose "#1 Safe Haven" to make a general donation. [NOTE: Be sure to click "optional process fee" link before making your donation so you can opt not to pay that.]