BENEFITING: HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HARM
ORGANIZER: HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HARM
EVENT DATE: Nov 22, 2013
HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HARM wrote -
Climate change is the biggest global health threat of the 21st century. Most people will experience climate change through impacts to their health and the health of their families.
Health Care Without Harm is working with doctors, nurses, hospitals and health ministries around the world not only to prepare for the health impacts related to climate change, but to lead society in addressing them. We are forging positive solutions to protect people’s health and the environment in three key ways:
- We are working with hospitals to reduce their own substantial carbon pollution
- We are mobilizing health professionals to advocate for clean, healthy energy
- We are helping hospitals, crucial anchor institutions in their communities, prepare for climate change health threats such as severe weather events
Support Health Care Without Harm in this Challenge! With your support you will help us lead the fight against climate change:
- $50 Supports our work to document the health impacts of coal in five developing countries.
- $100 Allows us to bring the health care voice to the climate debate locally, nationally and globally.
- $500 Helps us work with 500 hospitals to reduce their energy consumption and install green technology.
- $1,000 Helps us train an army of 1,000 nurses as climate champions.
The health impacts of climate change include increased heat-related illnesses; extreme weather-related injuries and mortality; the spread of disease-carrying vectors carrying infectious diseases like malaria and dengue fever; increases in asthma, allergies, and chronic respiratory disorders; growing malnutrition and food insecurity.
Donate now to Health Care Without Harm’s Climate and Health program! Each person who donates $50 or more will receive a fabulous collectors T-shirt with the slogan, “I'm a vector for climate solutions.” Join our team now and help us protect public health from climate change!
Another great incentive, Bill Ravanesi, HCWH's longtime activist and tireless champion for social justice, has donated one of his beautiful 9x13 archival quality prints to our fundraiser. Bill is an acclaimed professional photographer whose work has been exhibited at galleries across the country. Everyone who gives to our campaign will be entered in a raffle to win this breathtaking print, which has a value of more than $1,200. Visit Bill's fundraising page for full details.