BENEFITING: HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HARM
ORGANIZER: HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HARM
EVENT DATE: Nov 22, 2013
Donate now for a chance to win this archival quality print from Bill Ravanesi!
Bill Ravanesi has been with HCWH since 1997 and has over 30 years of experience in the nonprofit sector covering health care, public health, and environmental issues. Currently senior director of HCWH’s Green Building and Energy Program, Ravanesi co-coordinates the Boston Green Ribbon Commission’s Healthcare Working Group, assisting Boston hospitals to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions and to become champions for climate change.
Before joining HCWH, Ravanesi had a long and storied career in photojournalism and social change.
Learn more about Bill and his recent Environmental Health Hero Award.
Bill has generously donated a few of his beautiful 9x13 archival quality prints to our fundraiser. Scroll through the slideshow to see the print of Horseshoe Bend. Everyone who gives to our campaign will be entered in a raffle to win this breathtaking print, which has a value of more than $1,200.
HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HARM wrote -
Climate change is the “the biggest global health threat of the 21st century. Most people will experience climate change through impacts to their health and the health of their families.
Health Care Without Harm is working with doctors, nurses, hospitals and health ministries around the world not only to prepare for the health impacts related to climate change, but to lead society in addressing them. We are forging positive solutions to protect people’s health and the environment in three key ways:
- We are working with hospitals to reduce their own substantial carbon pollution
- We are mobilizing health professionals to advocate for clean, healthy energy
- We are helping hospitals, crucial anchor institutions in their communities, prepare for climate change health threats such as severe weather events
Support Health Care Without Harm in this Challenge! With your support you will help us lead the fight against climate change:
• $50 Supports our work to document the health impacts of coal in five developing countries.
• $100 Allows us to bring the health care voice to the climate debate locally, nationally and globally.
• $500 Helps us work with 500 hospitals to reduce their energy consumption and install green technology.
• $1,000 Helps us train an army of 1,000 nurses as climate champions.
The health impacts of climate change include increased heat-related illnesses; extreme weather-related injuries and mortality; the spread of disease-carrying vectors carrying infectious diseases like malaria and dengue fever; increases in asthma, allergies, and chronic respiratory disorders; growing malnutrition and food insecurity.
Donate now to Health Care Without Harm’s Climate and Health program! Each person who donates $50 or more will receive a fabulous collectors T-shirt with the slogan, “I'm a vector for climate solutions.” Join our team now and help us protect public health from climate change!