We're helping China to re-imagine its entire child welfare system. Working with government, we're training every caregiver in the country about the importance of nurturing care and how to deliver it.
Since 1998, Half the Sky has trained 12,000 caregivers and impacted more than 100,000 young lives in 468 communities all over China. With your help we can do even more!
A donation from you of any size can mean a second chance at childhood!
- $50 buys two shelves full of books for an Early Learning Library to be shared by thirty beginning readers in a Half the Sky orphanage preschool.
- $100 gives four orphaned infants and toddlers a month of their very own Half the Sky-trained nanny and a fresh start in life.
- $250 creates a garden to help a hundred curious preschoolers learn to plant seeds, nurture them and harvest the bounty - lessons that last a lifetime.
- $500 provides computer classes for twelve orphaned teens who are just beginning to figure out that they, too, can have big dreams.
- $1,000 supports the first four months of a forever home in our Family Village for four children who have special needs, and training for the mom and dad who commit to loving and raising them until they are grown.
- $5,000 helps train an entire province! Half the Sky’s Rainbow Program offers eight intensive hands-on workshops for senior caregivers in each province each year. Your gift pays for one!
- $10,000 brings A Million Rainbows. Your donation supports six months of the extraordinary services of a child development expert to mentor those who are trying to create Half the Sky-inspired programs of their own.
Thank you for helping China's orphaned children!