Habitat Gingerbread Build 2017
EVENT DATE: Dec 09, 2017
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Dec 06, 2017
The Gingerbread Build is an annual fundraiser held by Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity in which we come together for a friendly competition of building gingerbread houses! It’s a great way for the community to come together and celebrate each other. It’s also a great way for Habitat to celebrate our volunteers who throughout the year donate time, energy, and resources to carry out Habitat’s mission of building strength, stability, and self-reliance through homeownership.
Want to build a gingerbread house? Start fundraising now!
- Choose a team name for your group. Teams are any group of 2 to 4 people who want to build and fundraise together – family? coworkers? friends? Make a team!
- Pay your $100 team registration fee before Weds December 6th at noon to reserve your spot at the build. Click set up to start your fundraiser or mail in a check with this form. Make sure you tell us your team name and who is in your group when you donate!
- Keep fundraising! Whether you want to fundraise online by creating a fundraising page here on crowdrise or face to face, we encourage teams to raise more than the minimum $100 to help Habitat build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Download and print the GB Contribution Sheet 2017 if you want to collect donations in person rather than online and hand it in with your extra donations before or at the event. Remember, we have great prizes for most donations raised and for the highest donation amount!
- Gather your supplies. Teams bring their own decorations to create inspired and fun creations! There are no rules about what “extras” you bring to decorate – have fun!
- Show up to build on Saturday December 9th at 1pm. Each pre-registered team will be given the basic gingerbread house pieces and white icing (donated by River Valley Market).
2017 award categories will be:
- Food and Farm Lovers Paradise
- Dream Home for a Dinosaur
- Best Tribute to a Humanitarian Hero
- Boldest Use of the Color Blue
- Most Creative Cultural Cottage
- Most Likely to Attract a Sports Fan
- Homage to an Architectural Gem
- Wild Card
Recognition will also be given for:
- Youth Entries
- Team with Greatest Number of Donations
- Team That Raises the Most Money