EVENT DATE: May 07, 2017
The race and silent auction were fabulously successful and exceeded our goal!! This site will remain active as long as you continue fundraising for melanoma.
About: Sunday, May 7 is the 8th Great Chic Challenge 5K Run/Walk to to raise vital research funds towards a cure for melanoma and help increase awareness for this disease. Join us at the Rio Washingtonian Center lake in Gaithersburg with your running shoes!
YOU ARE NEEDED TO ACHIEVE THE FUNDRAISING GOAL: Each participant is requested to raise $100. Get the word out to friends and family for ten contributions of $10 or more - that's "10 for 10"!!
It’s Easy to Participate!
- Make a donation. If you prefer to donate by check, please indicate the team or runner you are supporting and mail to The Great Chic Challenge | 15900 Luanne Drive | Gaithersburg, MD 20877
- Register to participate in the 5K race. Registration is only $30.
- Join a fundraiser team or set up your own to multiply your contributions with the support of family and friends (#10for10)! You don’t have to run to fundraise!
- Support our silent auction - 100% of the purchase price goes directly to the Melanoma Research Alliance. Bid early! Bid often! Bid high!
All funds raised benefit the Melanoma Research Alliance.
Ellen's Story: I am a two-time melanoma survivor and very lucky to still be here! As owner of the Chic to Chic ladies boutique, I founded The Great Chic Challenge 5K Walk/Jog/Run to give back and make a difference. ALL PROCEEDS fund much-needed immunology research. With the support of Mike (my husband), family, and friends, every year has been more successful! We are counting on YOU to sign up for the 5K, donate whatever you can, or better yet, set up your own #10for10 team to make this OUR BEST YEAR YET!!! THANK YOU!!! XO Ellen
Please Patronize our Wonderful Sponsors & Donors!
Donors: Click here for all our generous donors and their websites.
Sponsors: Massanutten Vacations Mjach Nationwide Payment Potomac Mechanical Contractors Rio Washingtonian Slatkin Law the Pool Mechanic
Silent Auction: Fear not - for those who would rather shop for the cure than run, check out the silent auction page. You can still join a fundraising team, too!
The Melanoma Research Alliance is on the front lines of funding promising scientific research to develop effective new treatments for melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Although rates are rising, especially in younger people, melanoma is highly curable when caught early. Thanks in part to research supported by MRA, treatments are improving rapidly. By keeping the best scientific researchers fully engaged, you can help wipe out skin cancer!
Please help us fight this disease with your contribution to the Melanoma Research Alliance. Every dollar brings us one step closer to a cure!
Where Can I Get More Information?
- To learn more about the 8th Great Chic Challenge or volunteer, email@example.com
- With questions on setting up your fundraising page, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To learn more about melanoma or the MRA, go to curemelanoma.org
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support!