Every expectant parent wishes for a healthy baby, unfortunately that wish is not always answered. Each year hundreds of families have a child admitted to the Evergreenhealth Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Even with loving and skilled care from the nurses and doctors, having a baby in the NICU is traumatic.
Your gift today will help families overcome the trauma of a NICU stay through:
- weekly support groups for families
- individual visits from a Parent Advisor to answer questions, or lend a much needed ear
- exit meetings to provide parents with available resources to continue needed non-medical care for themselves and their child following discharge
- regular treat nights for families to bring a little joy and a message of hope
- help through the holiday season with the gift of a teddy bear for each baby in the NICU for an extended stay
- the Annual NICU Alumni Picnic, giving the opportunity for families to connect after discharge with other families on a similar journey
Thank you for making sure no parent has to experience this journey without the compassion and support of someone like you!