EVENT DATE: Apr 30, 2016
What is Women Build?
DuPage Habitat for Humanity’s 2016 Spring Women Build is an opportunity for women to come together and build homes, communities and hope for families in need! The mission of Women Build is simple - to recruit, educate and nurture women to build and advocate for simple, decent and affordable housing in their communities. Volunteers of every skill level are welcome. We will teach, support and train all participants on the build site!
Where is it?
The event will take place at our Pioneer Prairie Development in West Chicago. Community Builders will begin at 8 am and complete their projects around 3:30 pm on April 30 and May 7. Corporate Builders will start their workday at the traditional time of 7:30 am and end around 3:30 pm on May 2 – 6 build dates. All tools, safety gear and training will be provided on site. Get excited to give back with a group of energetic women!
When is it?
Community Women Build Day: April 30
Individuals and teams are asked to raise $250 or more per person to help fund the cost of building materials and Women Build t-shirts for your workday. Every individual that raises $250+ will receive a 2016 Women Build shirt, and additional recognition prizes are available for Team Captains and outstanding individual fundraisers!
Ways To Support!
- View Individual and Team Recognition Levels Here!
- Learn how to raise $250 in ONE WEEK!
- Raised more than $250? Individual and Team Incentives can be found here!
- SPREAD THE WORD! Share our promotional poster, online or printed, and spread the word in your community!
- Collect offline donations of checks or cash to support our mission! CLICK HERE to view our offline donation form to mail in with cash and check gifts collected.
- Any woman with a desire to help DuPage Habitat for Humanity engage and support families in need of affordable housing in our community please consider joining today. Share this opportunity with your friends, family and colleagues to help create a voice for children and families in need of a decent, affordable place to live!
According to the US Census, more than 40% of women who head families are now living in poverty. Habitat breaks the cycle of poverty by creating direct access to affordable homes. For 20 years, DuPage Habitat for Humanity has been serving families looking for a “hand up” to make the dream of homeownership a reality.