• You have registered yourself online at www.cycleforheroes.org and raised or donated at least $500 for a “regular bike” or at least $2000 for a VIP bike. As a reminder, your bike placement is dependent upon your mad fundraising skills.
• If you are sharing your bike with others (and therefore sharing fundraising minimums and bike riding time), everyone on your bike has been registered at www.cycleforheroes.org so that they are pre-registered for the event and our bounce staff doesn’t have to bounce them out.
• Spouses/friends/+ 1’s are encouraged to attend – but there will be a $50 fee at the door for everyone who isn’t registered to ride. Make sure your people know this ahead of time. We are serving food and drink and delivering a great experience, and we encourage you to brag about how you are sweating and fundraising and showing up to support our injured veterans - you amazing Patriot you.
EVENT DAY - Directions > Where to Park > When to Show Up
• Google “Equinox Highland Park, TX”, use the Equinox App on your smart phone, enter 4023 Oak Lawn Avenue, Highland Park, Texas into your GPS, or click HERE for directions.
• Parking is free within the Equinox lot.
• Check-in starts on the roof (park, enter Equinox, and go UP) at 4:30 PM and will continue through 7:30 PM – to make Check-in easy, make sure you have raised the appropriate amount of money and have pre-registered yourself and everyone who is sharing your bike.
• You will have access to the locker room and bathrooms at this location.
EVENT DAY - What to Bring
• You will sweat, so make sure you bring comfortable clothes to ride in AND dry clothes to throw on after your sweat sesh.
• Last year, you had a fair amount of wind. Don’t spend TOO much time on your hairdo.
• We are BIG into drumsticks and will have some for participants. We encour-age you to bring your own, decorate them, and make it part of your team cos-tume if you are riding with others…. (everyone loves costumes – props are truly bonus fun for all).
• We will provide snacks, water, and towels, but if you are a BIG sweater, a constant snacker, or you easily dehydrate, we ask you to bring what you need to make this experience as amazing as you are.
• Some bikes are outfitted with SPD and LOOK clips, but not all. Please make sure to bring athletic shoes just in case you can’t use cycling shoes. All bikes will accommodate athletic shoes.
• Last and most important, bring your fun self. We are here to show united, sweaty, philanthropic, enthusiastic, and continuous support to our injured veterans and all who have served our country. Thank you for your time, your energy, and your positively refreshing generous spirit. WE SALUTE YOU!
1.) Click on the “Setup your climb for heroes fundraising page”
2.) Follow the steps to get registered for the event and get your CrowdRise page set up.
3.) Once your page and log in is created, use the “Edit fundraiser” tab to add a photo and some story text about why this cause is important to you.
4.) Share your unique URL with family, friends, co-workers and anyone else with an email address to have them donate to your page and raise as much money as possible.
5.) Pat yourself on the back. You are contributing to an incredible program that changes thousands of lives every year.
Cycle for Heroes is a 3-hour rock’n’roll inspired outdoor stationary cycling event. Your Cycle for Heroes experience starts today, when you register. You will be given a link to your own Cycle for Heroes webpage that you can customize, send to friends and use to spread the word. We will be checking in on your fundraising progress, giving you helpful tips, and offering you small incentives along the way. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters (click here to read about these amazing companies), all donations made will go directly to The Heroes Project, an organization that works with our community of veterans, marines, soldiers, and military families on all levels. Its mission is to improve the care and protection of heroes through individual support, community empowerment and systematic change. Visit www.theheroesproject.org for more information on the foundation, its focus, and other giving opportunities.
What will the event look like?
You will join other Cycle for Heroes participants, military vets, and the best indoor cycling instructors in Southern California, Texas, or New York for an unforgettable 3 hour rock & roll stationary ride. We choose 9/08 (Texas) 9/09 (Los Angeles) and 9/10 (New York) so that we can honor and respect those who were lost tragically in New York on 9/11/2001. Check-in for registered participants will begin at 4:30pm, and the event will start promptly at 6:00pm. Water, snacks, and loads of inspiration will be provided. All participants will need to bring tennis shoes (not all bikes will be fitted with bike clips, so please come prepared), comfortable clothes to sweat in, and their most enthusiastic self. We encourage you to stay for a short ceremony at 9:00pm where highest fundraisers will be acknowledged.
Prepare to be INSPIRED!
We will show never before seen footage of our heroic veterans climbing the world's highest peaks, where they are now, and what your support has provided for them and their families. We will drown you in rock & roll music, and inspire you to sweat through the event with wounded and active duty vets and our Fire Departments cycling amongst you. You will leave changed, that we promise, and you will be begging to come back, that’s a fact! We can’t do any of this work without your help. If you are unable to join us, consider making a donation today to a friend or family member, or to our general fund which will sponsor injured veterans to ride for a portion of the event. Click on “Make a Donation” below. Every dollar makes a difference.
Bike reservations and donations:
There is no fee to register - you can do that right now with just some personal information and a credit card number. You can register as an individual rider (all 3 hours with YOU on that bike and a committed minimum fundraising goal of $500) – or you can start a team (up to 4 people riding 1 bike – the team captain deciding who rides when). Remember that a $500 minimum gets you into the event, but the more you fundraise, the better your seat! And, if you are dedicated to the challenge – there are roped off VIP bikes with premier seating, chances to rub elbows with celebrities, bigger & better goody bags, a fast-pass liquid refreshment line, and priceless bragging rights. These bikes will be awarded to the highest fundraisers with a minimum of $2000 per bike, fundraising minimum must be met by October 10th. Get your bike reserved now, go to your participant center and start emailing your friends and family. VIP bikes will go FAST!