EVENT DATE: Oct 10, 2015
The second annual fundraising dog walk – CALLING ALL DOGS -- is set for Saturday, October 10 from 9am - noon, at Wilson Farm Park, 500 Lee Road in Wayne, PA. The event kicks off National Dog Show Month in Philadelphia.
All dogs are welcome with their owners, friends and admirers as the Kennel Club of Philadelphia and What a Good Dog, combine forces to raise money for three important charities - The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, New Leash on Life USA, and Main Line Deputy Dog.
An entire morning full of fun activities for adults, kids and canines features the National Dog Show Therapy Dog Ambassador Team along with agility dogs, national and Delaware Valley celebrities and pet personalities. The event also features contests for Top Dog Trick, Costume and Beauty, plus music, prizes, fun, food, raffles and free stuff.
We are saluting all of the dogs that enrich our lives by doing exactly what they most desire --- spending time outside with us and with kids and with anyone who has love in their heart.
Join our supporters and sponsors, including Allstate, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Therapy Dog International, Nestle Purina, NBC 10, What a Good Dog, Greater Media/WBEN Radio, DJ Mike Ry, Conlin's Digital Print & Copy Center and more. Click here for the enitre sponsor list.
Event proceeds will benefit
- Main Line Deputy Dog, which helps people with physical challenges or mental health concerns train their own dogs to be fully certified service dogs. A deputy Dog performs tasks that help you function with increased independence and greater confidence. http://www.mldd.org/Main_Line_Deputy_Dog/Welcome.html
- New Leash on Life USA, which puts therapy-trained shelter dogs into Philadelphia prisons for inmate care during the period before they are released to help prepare them for re-introduction to society. Inmates learn how to care for the dogs, thus learning skills, confidence, and future employability. http://newleashonlife-usa.org/
- The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH), which aids seriously ill children and their families by creating a community of comfort and hope. Therapy dogs play a vital role in their mission of creating a home away from home for families of critically ill children receiving treatment at local hospitals. http://www.philarmh.org
Please help us get the word out by distributing flyers to your family, friends, places of business and to others who might want to participate as registrants, sponsors, donors, or raffle prize providers.
The National Dog Show month in Philadelphia includes:
- The Calling All Dogs walk at Wilson Farm Park on October 10.
- The annual press conference/media preview at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House on Chestnut Street on Thursday, November 5.
- The National Dog Show Gala at Valley Forge Casino on Friday, November 13.
- The Kennel Club of Philadelphia’s National Dog Shows at The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA on November 14 and November 15.
- The National Dog Show presented by Purina broadcast on NBC (nationally) and on NBC 10 (Philadelphia Region) on Thanksgiving day from noon to 2 p.m. in all time zones.
The event will be held rain or shine. All dogs attending the walk must be leashed.
Thank you to all of our supporters!