Be Monstrous. End AIDS. 2018
EVENT DATE: Apr 28, 2018
DEADLINE TO GIVE: May 15, 2018
Be Monstrous. End AIDS. is an all out spinning fundraiser in support of GMHC, the world’s first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. This year we are partnering with AIDS Walk NY and all money you raise will be credited to your AIDS Walk account giving you greater impact and more chances to meet your goal!
For those of you that haven't been to a spin class before, it is really enjoyable – like a dance club on a bicycle - and it doesn’t matter how athletic you are, it is an open level class so everyone is welcome.
This year's event will be hosted at the Monster Cycle Soho Studio - 182 Lafayette St, New York. Finish up the day with a cocktail and a award reception (prizes are awarded to the top team and individual fundraisers!). Come out and sweat for a great cause!
Create a team of monsters: Rally three people to join you. Have fewer or more team members interested? No problem! Individuals can ride one, two or three classes, its up to you! There are three 45-minute classes that comprise this 3-hour event. Each rider is responsible for raising a minimum of $250.
To create a new team:
1) Click on the grey “set up your fundraiser” button
2) In the pop up window, click “start your own fundraiser”
3) Either create a CrowdRise profile or login to your CrowdRise account
4) Come up with a team name, set your fundraising goal, upload a team picture and you are all set!
To join a friends team:
1) Click on the profile of the friend whose team you would like to join
2) Click the orange link that says “Join the Team”
3) In the pop up window, either create a CrowdRise profile or login to your CrowdRise account
4) Set your fundraising goal, upload a picture and you are all set!
Don't forget to bring a water bottle! Cycling shoes will be provided at the venue! Any questions? Contact Ted Caine at email@example.com. See you on the bike!
A big thank you to co-owners Michael Macneal and Demetre Daskalakis and the entire team at The Monster Cycle - We couldn't do it without you!