EVENT DATE: Mar 03, 2018
A CBS Pittsburgh Best of Spring race benefitting wounded military service members & their families started by a High School kid – What’s not to love?!
** Pre-registration closes @450 or Wednesday February 28, 2018 whichever comes first.**
Date & Time: 9am Saturday March 3rd, 2018
Location: St. Stephen’s Church, 405 Frederick Ave, Sewickley, PA 15143
Races: 10K Run / 5K Run / 1 Mile Walk
Goal: Raise $45,000 (in total) for Boulder Crest Retreat for Military & Veteran Wellness
- 10K Run – $35 (pre-registered, $40 on race day)
- 5K Run – $25 (pre-registered, $30 on race day)
- 1 Mile Walk – $20 (pre-registered, $25 on race day)
Like Us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/5krace
- REGISTRATION TO OPEN ON VETERAN'S DAY 2017
- Register: https://register.chronotrack.com/r/34268
- Participant Info Packet: http://tiny.cc/7bacinfo
- Stay Updated: https://www.facebook.com/5krace
- Fundraise: https://www.crowdrise.com/7BAC
About the Brave American Classic – by Robbie Veltre The first Brave American Classic was my project at Quaker Valley High School. Sophomores choose a project reflecting their passion and complete the project during the school year. I organized a run/walk benefitting Boulder Crest Retreat for Military & Veteran Wellness because I am a passionate cross country/track runner, and because my father is a board member of Boulder Crest. I wanted to raise awareness for the Retreat and its amazing impact on wounded troops. The first Brave American Classic was run on February 25, 2012 at War Memorial Park in Sewickley PA. Boulder Crest Retreat Founders Ken & Julia Falke attended. The event was fun and so well supported that it set the record at Quaker Valley High School for a sophomore project fundraiser. Since then we have decided to continue the event as an annual way of giving back. It has grown larger & better every year. I serve as the overall Race Director. To date we have raised over $200K!
Make an Impact & Have Fun Too! Event amenities include:
- Huge indoor venue – chilly outside, toasty inside! Indoor bathrooms too!
- Pacers provided by Steel City Road Runners
- Lots of great food & drink
- Lots of parking
- Super soft year-round use short-sleeve race T’s
- Goodie bags w/ commemorative gift & other stuff
- Marine Color Guard for National Anthem
- Pre-race & post-race distinguished speakers
- Several convenient early packet pickup options
- Chronotrack Live race timing & management via LightSpeed
- Free finish line photos!
Awards – LOTS of Them! Awards go to:
- Top 3 fundraising teams
- Top 3 male & female overall finishers
- Top 3 male & female finishers in each of the these age groups:
- 14 & under 15 – 19 20 – 29 30 – 39 40 – 49 50 – 59 60 & over
Not Running or Walking? Then PLEASE Donate!
Your donation brings wounded military service members AND their families to Boulder Crest where they get better through Boulder Crest’s phenomenal PATHH programs. To learn more and to donate, please visit: http://www.bouldercrestretreat.org/
Brave American Contact: