2018 Staples High School - Cancer Couch Scoops Challenge
EVENT DATE: Jun 14, 2018
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Jun 13, 2018
Registration is closed. We will be accepting walk up participants for 100$ per team of 4.
Please join us to help fund research for metastatic breast cancer.
- The Facts: 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer, and 30% of those diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will eventually be re-diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer (MBC). The average prognosis for MBC patients is 2-3 years, and yet less than 7% of breast cancer research funds go towards MBC.
- What a Scoops Challenge is: Teams of 4 work together to raise money to support our ongoing research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Teams need to raise a minimum of $100 to compete. Awards will be given for the team that raises the most money, and the team that eats the most ice cream scoops in 3 minutes.
- When/Where: Thursday June 14th at 5:00 Staples H.S. Courtyard
Special Dedication: To the memory of Heidi Armitage Green, beloved wife, sister, daughter, friend, mother of two current Staples students who lit up any room she entered. Heidi died in 2009, six months after receiving diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer. 10% of the proceeds from this Scoops Challenge will go to an Angel Fund at the Whittingham Cancer Center to support local women undergoing cancer treatment.
HOW TO REGISTER A TEAM:
- Click set up your fundraiser (gray box above).
- Then Click start a new fundraiser
- You will be prompted to sign into or create a Crowdrise account
- Create a "Fundraiser Title" (this should be your team name)!