2018 CASA Superhero Run (Montgomery County, Texas)
EVENT DATE: Nov 10, 2018
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Nov 09, 2018
It's a bird...it's a plane...it's Superheroes running in support of children!
Last year in Texas,
- 172 CHILDREN died of child abuse or neglect.
- Every 9 minutes, a child became a victim of abuse or neglect.
- 60% of child abuse or neglect victims were under the age of 6.
CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County provides and promotes court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing and permanent home. Now is the time to get involved and support a better future for these children.
Presented by Mike and Ally Seder, The Seder Group Real Estate, the 9th Annual CASA Superhero Run features:
- 5K Trail Run/Walk
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
- Participate dressed as your favorite Superhero!
- High demand, flat, natural terrain course
- Only run in Montgomery County with courses through the beautiful W.G. Jones State Forest
- Hero Headquarters, which hosts sponsor tents, food and beverages, as well as plenty of engaging activities for children
- Tribute to our nation's heroes in recognition of Veterans Day
- Fun for the whole familiy!
- First 200 children (10 and under) to register will receive buy-one-get-one vouchers courtesy of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion to The Woodlands Children’s Festival
Whether you are a competitive runner, a casual walker, or just love the idea of supporting a wonderful cause, participating in the CASA Superhero Run allows you to show your support for abused and neglected children in Montgomery County.
Become a SUPERHERO by raising funds in support of CASA!
- In Montgomery County, it costs $1,500 to provide an Advocate for one child for one year.
- Currently, more than 9 children enter foster care in Montgomery County EACH WEEK.
- If every participant raised just $25, we would reach our goal of $10,000 which would provide almost 7 abused or neglected children with Advocates this year.
All fundraisers will be eligible to earn the prizes below. Thank you for your SUPERHERO fundraising efforts in support of children in foster care!
- All participants raising $100 or more will receive a navy, long sleeve, tech shirt.
- Participants raising $250 or more will receive a comfy & luxurious fleece headband.
- Participants raising $500 or more will receive a set of automobile sunshades.
- All participants raising $500 or more will be entered into a drawing for an AMAZING prize package and listed as CASA CRUSADERS on the CASA Child Advocates website for the next year!
- Award certificates will be presented to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd individual fundraisers and team fundraisers.
Every child needs a hero. Abused children need SUPERHEROES!