BENEFITING: Girls Gotta Run Foundation
ORGANIZER: Girls Gotta Run Foundation
EVENT DATE: Oct 11, 2016
Girls Gotta Run Foundation wrote -
2016 International Day of the Girl 5K Run - October 8th - 11th, 2016
Help raise funds and awareness for girls who are empowering themselves and their communities through running and education in Ethiopia by participating the GGRF IDG 5K pop-up run!
Every dollar donated will go towards providing Athletic Scholarships for girls in Ethiopia. Here's how to contribute to and be part of this global movement celebrating and investing in strong girls:
REGISTER: Grab your friends and register for the IDG Pop-Up 5K event by contributing $25 each towards providing Athletic Scholarships for girls in Ethiopia.
RUN: Run a 5K with your friends from October 8th-11th for the International Day of the Girl, and celebrate strong girls globally.
SHARE: Share photos of your squad running the 5K and enter to win some free swag. Use the hashtag #IDG5K to participate in the global pop-up 5K event and let us know what you #RunFor.
About Girls Gotta Run Foundation: Girls Gotta Run Foundation invests in girls who use running and education to empower themselves and their communities. GGRF is the only non-profit organization in Ethiopia using the national sport of running as an innovative approach to creating safe spaces, ending child marriage and expanding access to secondary school for vulnerable girls.
About our Athletic Scholarship Program: The GGRF Athletic Scholarship is a 3 year program that provides girls with scholarships to attend school, to complete our extra curricular life skills, mentoring, leadership and entrepreneurial courses, and to participate on the GGRF running team. Each Athletic Scholar receives the following:
• Full scholarship to attend secondary school, including healthcare for student and her mom, daily meals, uniform, books, tutoring, access to school clubs and library, showers and space to wash clothes on the weekend.
• Completion of the GGRF/Center for Creative Leadership Life Skills Curriculum developed to create safe spaces for girls and provide experiential learning modules on family planning, financial literacy, HIV/AIDS awareness, nutrition, healthy relationships, leadership, and creative expression.
• Running clothes, shoes and healthy snacks for the year
• Entrance and transportation to Ethiopian races throughout the year • Oversight of a coach and running mentor
• Savings Group and Entrepeneurship training for the mothers of the Athletic Scholars