EVENT DATE: May 09, 2015
Are you ready for the 4th Annual Allyson Whitney 5K? Join us as we run, walk, & have fun to Support Young Adults with Rare Cancers in scenic Kauneonga Lake, New York (an hour an half outside of NYC, near Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center).
Did you know that each year 70,000 young adults are diagnosed with cancer? And of these individuals, 50% will have a rare form of cancer which typically has NO set treatment protocol? Our young-adult cancer warriors are an underserved population and need our help.
The Allyson Whitney Foundation is 100% volunteer based and all proceeds fund our initiatives. In just over two years, we have:
- awarded $75,550 directly to young adult patients in 'life interrupted grants'™.
- donated $35,000 towards research at MD Anderson University of Texas Cancer Center.
The best way to help is to start your fundraising today! All you need to do is click that blue button above and start your own fundraiser. You can create a team or go at it solo, but most importantly...get creative and have fun with it!
Aside from feeling absolutely fabulous that you're helping someone in need, check out this year's fundraising incentives:
- Raise $300: Receive a Warrior tee
- Raise $750: Receive a roll up blanket
- Raise $1200: Receive a gym bag
- Raise $2000: Receive a performance pullover
- Raise $5000: Receive a fleece jacket
All incentives will be embellished with our AWF logo to wear/use proudly!
Still need to sign up for the race? Register here!
Looking to help on race-day? Sign up to volunteer!