1 Day. 100 Miles. 1 Cause.
100 Miles for EMpower is a 1-day, 100-mile cycling event bringing together participants from NYC to Boston for a ride starting in CT and ending in RI on September 19th, 2015.
On September 19th, EMpower supporters successfully cycled '100 Miles for EMpower!' From Connecticut to Rhode Island, the route was challenging but beautiful and all riders finished strong! An enormous thank-you to the cyclists, who came from near and far, and to their supporters for raising money to improve opportunities for at-risk youth in emerging market countries through EMpower - The Emerging Markets Foundation.
A special thanks to Nolan Menachemson, who created and spearheaded the event! Many thanks to our generous corporate sponsor ICBC Standard Securities Inc.*, to supporting sponsor Bloomberg and to the pros from Total Training & Endurance.
What a fantastic day!
EMpower supports local organizations in 15 Emerging Market countries that provide at-risk youth, facing challenges such as lack of education and employment opportunities, trafficking, HIV/AIDS, violence and abuse or early marriage, with the tools and resources they need to lead healthy, productive lives.
To date, EMpower has directly impacted the lives of over 170,000 young people and touched over 620,000 lives through programs in education, health and wellbeing and livelihoods. Join us in making an impact - thanks to the generosity of Standard and our underwriters, 100% of your donation goes directly to helping at-risk young people. Join the ride, or donate to our teams today!
Minimum Fundraising Commitment: Each rider must commit to raise $2000 for Empower, or $10,000 per team of 5 riders
1. Three groups on the ride. Green, blue and black.
- Green – Moderate. Riders must be able to average 11-13 mph over 100 miles.
- Blue – Intermediate. Riders must be able to average 14-16 mph over 100 miles.
- Black – Advanced. Riders must be able to average 17 mph + over 100 miles.
2. Max 15 riders per group. We would encourage teams of 5 riders from each bank, asset manager, broker – 1st come 1st serve
3. Each team would be accompanied by a professional cycling coach. Three coaches per group, nine coaches total. Coaches will be led by 2-time USA National Duathlon Champion and 2011 winner of the World Duathlon race, Eneas Freyre of Total Training & Endurance. This is a guided 100 mile tour by a professional cycling coach. There will not be road markings, and teams will be encouraged to stay together with their coach, creating a competitive and fun ride with each team comprising similar strength riders.
4. Support cars on the road. Support cars will provide mechanical and backup support should a rider not be able to compete the 100 miles.
Questions? Please call (212) 608-4455 or email Kayla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about EMpower and our mission, click here.
*ICBC Standard Securities Inc. is a registered Broker Dealer with FINRA and this communication is provided to you for informational purposes only and is not to be used or considered as an offer or the solicitation or an offer to sell or to buy or subscribe for securities or other financial instruments, nor shall it, or the fact of its distribution, form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, any contract relating to such action.