How do you play 100 holes of golf? • Golfers get their own cart
• Play two (2) balls on every par 4 & 5
• Play three (3) balls on ever par 3
• Best ball applied on each shot
• 100 holes equals about 2 1/2 rounds
How can I raise $1,000? Seems like a lot of money. Raising $1,000 is easier than it may seem! You will get your own personalized fundraising page that you can send out to friends, family, coworkers, etc. All money is given up front so you don't have to collect money after the event. You will also get some tips and best practices and our event staff is available to answer any questions and help in any way we can (except raising the money for you!). Here are some examples on how to raise $1,000:
• Ask 10 people to donate $1 per hole. $1 per hole x 100 holes = $100 x 10 people = $1,000!
• Ask 20 people do donate 50 cents per hole. 50 cents per hole x 100 holes = $50 x 20 people = $1,000!
• People can give any amount. Reaching $1,000 will be easier than you think when you put in the effort.
I'm not sure I can play 100 holes. What can I do? We have a new team registration option! How does it work? If you don't think you can play the entire 100 holes ask 1 or 3 people to join you. (Teams are 2 or 4 people.) Each team takes up one position on the course and shares the 100 holes and the fundraising responsibilities. Here are the options of sharing 100 holes:
• Teams have one (1) fundraising page
• Raise as much money as you can as a team (minimum of $1,000 but we encourage teams to set their goal to $1,000 per person)
• On event day you share the 100 holes:
- Each person plays every-other hole (or every 4th hole for teams of 4) OR - Two person teams - one person plays the morning shift, second person plays the afternoon shift
- Four person teams - two people play the morning shift (playing every-other hole), other two people play the afternoon shift (playing every-other hole)
- Each person on a team may NOT tee off on the same hole. It will slow down the pace of the entire event.
What if the event gets cancelled? In the case of unsafe conditions on the course we will do our best to reschedule but there are no guarantees. All donations are final, tax deductible, and go to help the homeless men, women, and children Wheeler Mission serves.
Still uncertain? Here are some comments from past participants: "Great event for a great cause. You will not meet a more dedicated team than the one at Wheeler Mission. I encourage everyone to come play and support the homeless. Plus, 100 holes of golf gives you time to work out the kinks in your swing!" - Todd Klaassen, WRTV6, three-time participant
"It's a great feeling to be able to give back to a great community by raising funds for such a wonderful organization!" - Brock, six-time participant
"Swing the club so others can grub...I call that love." - Dustin, three-time participant
Still not sure but want to help? Click the register button and give a donation to the cause.
SPONSORSHIPS: Interested in sponsoring this event? Click "Register" to sponsor a hole or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
On any given night, over 1,600 people in Indianapolis find themselves homeless. They are our neighbors. They are people we see every day in our communities. They are children in our kid’s schools. They need our help.
On June 11th, people are going to be using golf to help these desperate individuals. "100 Holes for the Homeless” is an innovative golf fundraiser, similar in nature to a walk-a-thon, but in this case, we are seeking supporters to donate funds per hole of golf we play.
Will you help us raise critical funds to provide meals, shelter, and care for these homless men, women, and children who come to Wheeler for help? Register to participate or donate to one of the golfers participating in this great event today.